More Information

Visitors

Monday, August 8, 2016

A poem with other feelings...

Now....a poem with some other feelings. Just hope you like it as you have done all the others.

___
AS HUMAN
I know now that I once knew him
They told me all about what he’d done
And all that had been done to him
I got it all once it had sunk in
He could not stay away from bad

Now they say no good can come of him
His family had tried and failed
He now walks the streets like the undead
In ragged clothes and five lost teeth
All wait for the shame to be blotted

by time. Our partner in crime
But no more are they holding their breath
For their shame has reached its limit
And their patience has long lost its name
At night he would scavenge garbage

He halted when he saw me looking
The same glance he had that one time
A soft voice pleading for me to leave
I asked him later what I’d done
I can’t do that when you are looking

…humanity is never a shame to us…
___

Thank you once again for all your time and attention and do be safe. Much love.

~Roland~

#poetry #writing #reading #authors

No comments:

Post a Comment