More Information

Visitors

Thursday, August 11, 2016

An ode to my mom and all.moms

Hey there!
Me again. Oh, you are back!
I  want to share another poem with you; another ode, to my mom in particular and all moms in general.
Here it is and do enjoy.
___
MOTHER
How many were my infant cries
Before I was satisfied once more?
How many were my mother’s cries
Just to let this, her child, see light?
Can I begin to count the infant steps
That got me to where I am today?
How many were mother’s steps
Carrying both our weights with her?
How many infant miles did I crawl
For my knees to now be so weary?
How many floors tried their best
But could not wear her knees down?
How many drops of mother’s milk
Made me strong and brave?
How many drops of mother’s milk
Did she save just for me each day?
And how often did infant-me fall
To learn to not fall at all? Yet I do
How many times did I not fall
When she was there for me
___
I hope I caught all the typos, because I am posting this from my phone.

Thanks for reading and passing by. Do be safe and much love.

~Roland~

#poetry #authors #iamwriting #reading

No comments:

Post a Comment