More Information

Visitors

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Another poem...with some humor!

Hey there!
Hope you are all having a fine day and a splendid weekend!
I have another poem for you, one with some humor. Hope you enjoy, here it is:

___
FISHING ON THE BRIDGE
You should have seen the Ten-pounder we hooked
Down at the bridge
My boy’s eyes all shiny
And the smile I can never forget

Neither of us knew what to do
So we played it along
So long as it doesn’t dartle
It will be good
We kept playing it along
Let Mr. Fish decide what he wants to do

We can go down off the bridge
Onto the rocks, my boy said
You think we can make it and still have it?
Let’s try, I agreed

But then Mr. Fish showed his impatience
And did what a Ten-pounder could do
He broke the line in two
You swallowed my only hook
Now what’ll I do?

My boy’s disbelief
Turned quickly to silent approval
I don’t mind, he said
We’d have thrown him back in anyways
But we know we had had him
And we know we know
And he smiled
___

Thanks for reading and caring.

Do be safe and much love.

~Roland

#poetry #writing #authors #reading

No comments:

Post a Comment